The PPTA is EVERYONE connected with the school in a supportive role; pupils, parents, grandparents, carers, siblings, staff, governors and the community. Everyone connected to the school is automatically a member of our PPTA and welcome at all meetings.
We support the school in any way we can but particularly by organising social events for the children and parents, which we believe are important for the school, building relationships across the ages groups and with different members of staff. The events add a different dimension to the schools life; they reflect both the calendar and the culture of the school and give the children something outside the normal curriculum to look forward to and get excited about. We love the buzz in school when they are all changing into their Halloween costumes or peeping into the hall when we are setting up a fair and filling hampers at Christmas and Easter.
The other element of these events is the fund-raising aspect; we aim to raise money for items of direct benefit to the children, which the school could not otherwise afford.
In the past ten years we have provided for the school:
- A complete set of disco equipment
- 2 wireless microphones
- A large adventure playground area
- 3 new picnic benches
- A lighting and PA system and blackout blinds for the school hall
- The Friendship Stop signs for the playground
- A laminator for the Inspire workshops
- Planters and compost for the spring bulbs
- Medals for Chad Vales got talent
- Prizes for talent show winners and Easter bonnet competition winners
Future planned purchases include:
- Sports equipment inc. spring board
- A super-long slide for the reception playground
Our fundraising events include:
Easter egg hunts, quiz nights, raffles, coffee mornings, BBQs, Halloween discos, film nights, Christmas fairs, Santa's Grotto.
PPTA meetings are usually held once every two months; you will see these in the school diary page. Meetings involve parents, pupils and teachers, and new faces are always welcome.
For more information please contact the PPTA at ChadValePPTA@gmail.com, or call Emma Cawsey on 07867 796 286.