Computing at Chad Vale:
* Children will understand and apply the fundamental principles and concepts of computer science, including abstraction, logic, algorithms and data representation.
* Children will have the opportunity to evaluate and apply information technology, including new or unfamiliar technologies, analytically to solve problems.
* Pupils will be equipped to use information technology to create programs, systems and a range of content.
* We aim to ensure that children are responsible, competent, confident and creative users of information and communication technology.
* Children will become independent and skilful users of digital technology and will be outward looking and forward thinking in this technological age.
* To equip all learners with the experiences and skills of computing that they will use in a rapidly changing technological world and to engage children through enriched multi-media learning experiences.
* We aim to ensure that teachers develop confidence and competence to use digital technology in the effective teaching of their subject.
* Children will become digitally literate. They will be able to use, and express themselves and develop their ideas through, information and communication technology, at a level suitable for future workplace and as active participants in a digital world.
Our KS2 children have created some videos. They used stop motion animation during a computing workshop with computingXplorers in July 2018.
Please click here to view the playlist of our videos.
Below is just one of the many videos that were created!