Due to further traffic incidents around the school entrance and surrounding roads at pick up and drop off times we kindly ask that you take a few moments to read this information.
We are shocked that some parents would deem it acceptable to put children at risk just to park a bit closer to school. There is an accident waiting to happen in this area at any moment. We know that many of you are concerned about this.
Parking for any school is always an issue and Chad Vale is no exception. We would like to try something new to highlight the importance of safe and courteous parking outside our school at drop off and collection times.
We have created a ‘Parking Pledge’ with the main aim of keeping our children safe. As adults, we are role models to all children and should behave in a courteous and respectful manner to fellow drivers, pedestrians, neighbours, staff and visitors. By making the pledge your family will be supporting our commitment to reducing congestion around the school gates, improving road safety and to increase the number of children travelling activiely and safely to school.
Whilst the pledge is voluntary and purely to encourage safe and considerate parking, I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank all those parents who do commit to helping keep our children safe on their journeys to and from school.
Click here to sign the pledge
The Chad Vale Parking Pledge
I/we agree to:
· Walk to school wherever possible, including parking further from the school and walking the last bit of the journey
· Obey all road signs and road markings so that we don’t break the law
· Never drop off, pick up or park in the yellow zig zag lines– this is illegal and dangerous
· Not to park on the pavement
· Not block residents’ drives
· Support the schools’ travel plan by allowing my child(ren) to walk, scoot or cycle to school
· Where possible, to walk to school with my child(ren) to allow the development of road safety skills and/or use of public transport.